Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Final Project Conclusion

For the past three to four weeks I have been working to finish my final project for visual concepts. Now that my project is complete, I am really happy with it. The first two weeks during class i spent riding the metro shooting different pictures of graffiti. Once I decided the graffiti pictures I wanted as well as the everyday pictures, I double exposed them together in the darkroom. I had six final photos in the end. The first one was of a pool table with graffiti on it, the second was a still life of boxing gloves with graffiti in it and on the walls. The third was of a female standing center in a kitchen with graffiti all around her, on the cabinets, floors, refrigerator etc.. The fourth one was of a toilet with a graffiti head on it, the fifth one was a bedroom with anti-war graffiti sandwiched on the walls. Finally, the sixth one was of a ski resort with graffiti sandwiched in the sky and mountains. All of the graffiti was then hand colored with different color sharpie markers making it stand out on the black and white image. With the pictures I purposefully exaggerated the contemporary view of graffiti in our culture. By placing it into random everyday surroundings I tried to show how graffiti art has changed over the years into a design element.

No comments: