Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Color Photography

I have always loved B&W photography ever since junior year in high school. Before this school year I slowly started getting into digital more and more. It was at first hard to get an artistic shot out because I saw in black and white, and I thought every image I took with my digital camera looked so generic. I also was not a big fan of photoshop. After learning about how color works, which ones compliment each and how they blend has helped me out a lot.
When I am shooting color digital I try to pre-visualize the scene. I think about what colors are going to be in the composition and if they will work well with each other. I think what makes a good color image is one with a composition that has a scheme of color. For example, a landscape of a forest; to make this image good, the greens need to be vibrant with multiple shades of green.
This semester I learned a lot on photoshop, how to color correct images, balance, and correct contrast. I have learned to appreciate digital photography and what color can do to a photo.

No comments: