Thursday, November 8, 2007

Silhouette Project

In this project we had to fine a magazine add that was able to transform into an appealing silhouette. On Adobe Illustrator we had tree final projects to make out of it. The first one was this ad in its simplest form, using all organic shapes like circles, ovals etc. The second one was the actual silhouette of the image. The third was an elaborate image using the silhouette from before.
I really liked tracing the silhouette of the image using the pen tool. The best part was the girls hair, she had this wild crazy curly hair. Her form was really cool to do, in the end I was really satisfied. Making the silhouette into organic shapes and simplifying it was the hardest part for me, I couldn't figure out what shapes would go with the body parts. I think that part turned out just o.k. the elaborate section was really cool. I copied her image in two lines descending from tallest to shortest, it reminded me of a line of show girls. I liked it allot. Overall, I thought the project was a good one, some of it was really tedious but it was good.

No comments: