Thursday, October 11, 2007

Making patterns

Our project making patterns on Adobe Illustrator was a very interesting one. I was a little nervous because I am still getting comfortable with this program. I made this arrow looking positive shape. It has roundness and sharpness to it, I really liked it. I made six different pattern designs for it, looking off the example pattern sheet. Then I printed that out as a reference. I then chose four of the six patterns and blew those up to each squares to the required size and length and printed. It took some time but I thought it was relatively easy.
The next class I thought I was done, so my teacher came over to look at it. She made some suggestions that the positive shape's point should touch the edge of each square. So that when they are put together they positive spaces could create negative spaces. I realized that would look more appealing, so I redid my shapes to touch the squares and reprinted them.
Overall I liked the project, it was a little tedious, everything had to be precise to make it look right. But learning short cuts on Illustrator cut the time down allot.

No comments: