Friday, September 7, 2007

String Project

The best way to describe the string activity is chaotic. At first when I got the yarn my thoughts were to just string things up. I started wrapping around three computer chairs, people, and other random chairs. I almost got entangled with a group of people, but I got out of that fast. I moved to the other side of the room and stringed each computer chair one by one. By that point I was being cautious about were the string went. Then I focused on one chair on top of a table, to make a composition. The chair ended up looking pretty cool. After that I moved to other chairs, and a few minutes later the string was up.
Once I was done I sat there a little overwhelmed with all the string every where and all the tangled knots and people. Other people were still stringing each other, that was funny to watch. Once i started to untangle the string it started off easy because my string was by itself in one section of the room. Once it caught up with the big knot of sting and people it became hard to untangle. There were five people working in one area around one giant mess. Patience was important seen as we couldn't just give up and cut the string. I finally got my string untangled all the way and I was so glad.
In the end it was a chaotic experiment. It was a lot of fun tangling the string everywhere and on everyone. When it was time to untangle it became less fun. The room got pretty quite and everyone was concentrating on just getting done with it.

1 comment:

Pat Autenrieth said...

That's a fairly comprehensive description of the project (but don't forget to run the spell check, too!). There are pictures of the chairs and stool that you did up on the class website. I thought they looked pretty cool, too.

Here's a question: can you elaborate on "cool" now that you've done it?